Lynn University recently announced a big change for alumni—more opportunities and greater benefits. The university transitioned alumni affairs from the Office of Development to the Hannifan Center for Career and Alumni Connections.
“We saw opportunity to open doors for students and alumni through mentorships and career-focused engagement,” said Gregory J. Malfitano, senior vice president for development and administration. “Additionally, these relationships are directly linked back to academics, allowing us to gain insight on and serve industry demands. Both students and alumni are already receiving benefits of the change.”
Barbara Cambia ’80, who oversees alumni connections with the support of Laura Gilli ’14, ’15, gathered feedback and worked with alumni and the campus community on the transition. Today, they speak with alumni daily and are points of contact for questions, campus visits, professional development and networking events, and benefits.
Alumni can already take advantage of a growing list of benefits, including:
- Access to Lynn job board, Connected Knights
- Access to InterviewStream, mock interview technology
- Complimentary access to Celebration of the Arts and monthly Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce International Business Alliance luncheons
- 25 percent off Pine Tree Camp for children of alumni
- Local restaurant discounts
- Discounted rates at Wyndham Boca Raton
- Subscription to Lynn magazine and LynnSight
- Notary and witness services
Those who are interested in getting more involved with their alma mater can email Gilli or call +1 561-237-7280.